Funding available for technical training
What is the Tech Partnership Training Fund?
The Tech Partnership Training Fund provides funding for employers to invest in IT training. The purpose is to stimulate increased investment in training which supports business growth and competitiveness.
What is the objective of the Fund?
The objective of the Fund is to increase the investment in IT training so as to take advantage of the UK’s opportunities to become a leader in key strategic tech areas such as Big Data, Cyber Security, Cloud Computing etc.
The beneficiaries of the Fund are individuals who will become more highly skilled, and the UK economy as a whole which will become more competitive and attract more business and inward investment.
By providing investment itself, the Government, via the Tech Partnership, will unlock investment from employers, so that more people get more training than would otherwise have been the case.
What can the Fund support?
Funding is available for employers wanting to invest more in:
- Cyber security
- Big data – data management, data analytics, data science, business intelligence
- The design, development and maintenance of e-commerce solutions/platforms
Employers may apply for up to 50% of the costs of training, up to a maximum of £500 per learner for strategic skills short courses.
Eligibility for this funding?
The main eligibility criteria employers is as follows:
- The business is based in England and the training is delivered in England
- The training would not have taken place without the support of the fund
- The training has not already started
- The training will help meet a business’s objectives
For short courses, the training is in one of the listed strategically important skills areas or another area of strategic importance to your business.
How to apply?
(1) Choose your IT Masterclasses course.
(2) Book and pay for your course.
(3) Contact the Tech Partnership Fund.
(4) Apply for the funding.
*Some courses may not be eligible for funding.